THINGS HAVE CHANGED: TWENTY-FIRST-CENTURY DYLAN
International Conference, Université d’Artois, Arras, France, 6th-7th December 2018
We are thrilled to announce the international conference “Things Have Changed: Twenty-First-Century Dylan” which will take place at Université d’Artois on 6th-7th December 2018, with guest of honour Professor Sir Christopher Ricks.
Here is some practical information related to the conference:
- the full address of the conference is: Maison de la recherche, Université d’Artois, 9 rue du Temple, 62000 ARRAS, FRANCE.
- the conference is due to begin just after 9am on Thursday morning 6th December, and end with lunch on Friday 7th December (about 2pm therefore);
- for those travelling by public transport, there are direct trains connecting Arras, Paris and Lille, as well as a direct rail link between CDG Airport and Arras;
- for those who are able to arrive by 11am on the day before the conference begins, on Wednesday December 5th 2018, from 11.30am to 1pm, there will be a seminar session on Dylan with the participation of Sir Christopher Ricks, as an adjunct to the conference. All delegates are warmly invited to join in the seminar and take part. On the evening of the same day, there will be an informal dinner in Arras with Sir Christopher—please do join us if you would like to;
- on Thursday 6th December 2018, all delegates are invited to leave the conference room and walk to the university library, two minutes’ walk away, where Christopher Ricks will do us the honour of “succinctly” opening an exhibition on Dylan in the Twenty-First Century.
- delegates’ hotel accomodation on the Wednesday and Thursday nights (5th-6th December), lunch on Thursday, the conference dinner on Thursday, and lunch on Friday are all provided courtesy of the conference; your hotel will be opposite the rail station, about a 7’-minute walk from campus;
We look forward to welcoming you to Université d’Artois in Arras for what we very much hope will prove to be a fulfilling experience.